WHAT IS PSYCHOTHERAPY?
PSYCHOTHERAPY IS A WAY TO OVERCOME PROBLEMATIC THOUGHTS OR BEHAVIOURS
Psychotherapy addresses personal difficulties. It allows an individual, family, or couple, to talk openly and confidentially about their concerns and feelings with a trained professional. Almost all types of psychotherapy involve developing a therapeutic relationship, communicating and creating a dialogue, and working to overcome problematic thoughts, feelings or behaviours. There are many issues that psychotherapy can help.
Psychotherapy aims to increase an individual’s sense of wellbeing and relationships. Psychotherapists are sensitive to the client’s needs and employ a wide range of skills to facilitate the client’s goals.
WHY CHOOSE PSYCHOTHERAPY?
GET TO THE HEART OF THE MATTER WITH PSYCHOTHERAPY
Psychotherapy helps individuals, couples, and families address personal difficulties by allowing you to talk openly and confidentially about concerns and feelings with a trained professional.
Psychotherapy may be useful if:
- You’re facing situations causing you stress, anxiety and upset.
- You are experiencing intense or uncomfortable feelings such as anger, sadness, fear, frustration and depression.
- You are behaving in ways that don’t fit your normal pattern, don’t serve your needs, or are problematic to you or others.
- You are thinking thoughts that are peculiar, hard to understand, out-of-control or disturbing.
- You’ve experienced a traumatic event, such as sexual abuse, domestic violence, a serious accident or a criminal injury.
- You are dealing with a relationship issue or family conflict.
- You’re going through a difficult life transition, such as the death of a loved one, a life-threatening illness, divorce, separation, or a mid-life crisis.
- You are challenged by family issues, such as parenting, child-rearing, adolescence, and aging parents.
- You need help with an addiction such as smoking, alcohol, drugs, sex or gambling.
- You have an eating disorder.
- You are facing difficulties with matters of gender identity, sexual orientation, racism and oppression.
- You wish to explore spiritual issues, questions of meaning or matters of faith.
Classical Psychotherapy offered by: Tiffany McCabe, Registered Social Worker,Psychotherapist Intern